I’m half way of my 30 days of blogging challenge. I am not happy with everything I have published, but I am happy for having pressed the “publish” button 15 days in a row.
How habits are created
There is a series of chemical processes. It might seem a bit technical but this video can give you some clues (thank you, JXO):
Disclaimer: I do not run or exercise at 4.00 AM everyday… But I wish I did. My guess is everybody would love to have more energy, more willpower, more everything but the reality is that some of us are smarter in the way they build their habits.
My guess is everybody would love to have more energy, more willpower, more of everything but the reality is that some of us are smarter in the way they build their habits.
Where I was
I have been hesitant and incapable of taking a clear decision on if I should blog in English or in French. It has for long been an excuse for not doing, and not posting on blogs or on social media. I finally made up my mind and started this 30 days blogging challenge in English.
Blogging is like many other things, it is quite easy to start but less to be persistent. I have tried many times in the past and I have always failed to make it stick as a habit. I am trying again and the idea of not going to bed before having published a blog post is working, even if I often have to say that ‘done is better than perfect’. I believe it will improve over time.
Where I want to go
My goals were and are still are:
1. Improve my communication skills in English. Vocabulary and grammar are still a challenge but getting out of my comfort zone is probably a good way to make progress.
2. Become a storyteller. Find something different to say every day. I hope to be interesting.
Next steps could be:
- Write posts in advance and publish them every day at the same time,
- Use video and publish a Vlog and/or interviews
- Post on Medium
- Write weekly on Eddison Books site
- Start a newsletter.
What do you think? If you have any thought, please leave me a comment.
See you tomorrow.